- Reason #10 - DUAL Agents Can NOT work Only for You As The SELLER
Dual Agents have a legal obligation to the BUYER That IS THE SAME as their Legal Obligation you You as the Seller! That's contrary to an obligation to get you the highest price with the best terms as the SELLER
- Reason # 9 - DUAL Agents are legally obligated to withhold information from you as a SELLER.
Listing Agents cannot share with you what purchase price a Buyer might accept or reasons NOT to work with a Buyer because of their Lendor or because the Buyer is not strong financially since disclosing this information is not in the best interests of the BUYER
- Reason # 8 - A Listing Agent can ONLY work as a Limited Agent when working with both, a BUYER and the SELLER on the same Property
A Limited agent can share comparable sales however they can NOT explain to the Buyers how the price or purchase terms on the other comparable sales support the SELLER’s price and terms.
- Reason # 7 - A Listing Agent MUST BECOME a Limited Agent to work with you as a Seller whenever their Buyer, or the Listing Agent’s Managing Broker's Buyer submits an offer on your property.
When a Buyer calls the phone number on the sign in a yard or in other marketing, vs calling their own Buyer's Agent or if the Buyer tours a home during an open house the door is opened to your Listing Agent becoming a Dual/Limited agent in order to work with you as the Seller as well as the BUYER. And just like in reason three above, a Limited Agent can NOT fully advise you as the Seller as they normally would if they were only a Listing Agent.
- Reason # 6 - Only a Listing’s Agent is 100% legally and ethically obligated to put the SELLER’s interests first.
This means only A Listing Agent is legally obligated to get the highest Price with the best terms for you as the Seller.
- Reason # 5 - Only a Listing Agent must 100% of the time write a inspection response that is in the Seller's Best Interests.
- Reason # 4 - While ALL Agents must disclose everything they know about any defects with a property, only a Listing Agent is legally and ethically obligated to advocate for you as the Seller regarding the value or marketability of a property you have listed.
- Reason # 3 - Only a Listing Agent can advise you, as the Seller, regarding what a counteroffer should be, how much to counteroffer during the negotiation process, and ultimately what is a good sales price for your property.
Only a Listing Agent can help tell you that a Purchase Agreement, as written and worded is NOT in your best interests as a SELLER.
- Reason # 2 - A Listing Agent can save you as the Seller thousands of dollars during the negotiating process.
Only a Listing Agent can try to obtain and then share with you as the Seller information like how much mortgage have the Buyer been pre-approved for, what other homes has the Buyers looked at and what might the Buyer be willing to pay for your home as the SELLER.
- Reason # 1 - Most Dual/Limited Agents Call These Transactions "Me & Me" Sales
The ONLY person who typically wins in Dual/Limited Agency Sales is the "Listing Agent" NOW Dual Agent who gets paid more than they otherwise would for doing less than they otherwise should!. So, it just makes sense to have an experienced and ethical Listing Agent and Real Estate professional, who has a legal and ethical obligation to work ONLY for YOUR best interests, as the Seller.
& What Happens When You Want To Buy One of Mitch's Listings? or when You are wanting to Sell A Place?
Interviewing A Listing Agent... What 25 Questions Should You Ask & What Answers Do You Want to Hear?
When interviewing REALTORS®, your goal should always include being represented by a REALTOR® who has great Experience and Expertise that is relevant to your needs and an agent who will be available based on your schedule.
The best place to start your search is interviewing Agents who are Top 20% Producers both within their brokerage and the local community of Agents.
If you want to save the 25 Questions and Answers to use for interviewing Buyer's Agents, just download the free pdf.
USE THESE OTHER RESOURCES & TOOLS TO HELP YOU FIND & BUY YOUR PERFECT NEW PLACE